What Would We Do Without The Starfish to Wish Upon? -A.Foy

COTTAGE GARDEN~COASTAL~PRIMITIVE DESIGN

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Frozen Fish-Starfish and Decorating


The Starfish~on my snowy walk

10 things you can do with Starfish...
1. Put them on a twig wreath
2. Display them in your windows
3. Lay them on top of a display of books with some beach stones
4. Display them in wicker baskets
5. Use them as a bottle stopper in vintage glass bottles, even some that hold sea glass...

6. Add some twine, vintage ribbon, and glue them in a row then attach to your wall, or door

7. Add them to a painted canvas with a saying like, Twinkle, Twinkle, Little (attach starfish here)
8. Make a starfish tree, or use a starfish as a tree topper
9.  Use them as tie backs for curtains
10. I'm out of ideas so please share!



3 comments:

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Love the photo of the starfish in the snow!

I DO top our Christmas tree with a starfish I found many, many years ago. We didn't have much money for tree decorations and when I was walking the beach I picked up empty urchin shells and one sea star and those are all still in use.

I love your blog and will keep in touch. What you wrote about the bricks was WONDERFUL.

All blessings,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Shaheen said...

Wow, so pretty.

I've never found one, but should I ever, I now know what to do. Thank you so much for sharing your creative ideas.

Unknown said...

I love those ideas! I use them to make plaster casts in sand, so I have even more starfish :)

I put them on signs, in bowls, in apothecary jars and hurricanes.... I need therapy!

OH! And did you see my star on my tree this year? A great big starfish!