What Would We Do Without The Starfish to Wish Upon? -A.Foy

COTTAGE GARDEN~COASTAL~PRIMITIVE DESIGN

Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Shell Box

Presenting my shell box!  I found this shadow box for $12.99 at Marshall's in the Home Goods section.  I scooped it up quickly!  The shells I have collected from Maine, but the Sea Biscuit, Starfish, and pink guy I bought at a shoppe in Maine.  So, I guess that counts right?  Note:  You are seeing this picture from an angle. 

The quote I wrote on parchment paper and tacked it up with pearl pins.  The quote is from one of my favorite books, "Gifts from the Sea", by Anne Morrow Lindbergh

It reads, " ' One should lie empty, choiceless, open as a beach... Waiting for a gift from the sea." 


My Maine room is coming together!  
;)Alyssa

1 comment:

Sharon Lovejoy said...

YOUR MAINE ROOM???? HURRAHJ!

And Anne Morrow Lindbergh? I adored (adore) her.

I sat one person away from her niece at a talk in Maine last summer. I was so happy to hear first hand words about her.

Love,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island